FROM THE PRESIDENT, MARY STAROSTA…
For 77 years LWML women have supported worldwide missions through Mite box offerings. We invite you to join us in this ongoing mission. LWML recently paid grant #9, Wind River Indian transportation. The grant provides $40,000 for a vehicle the staff will use to pick up children and take them to Sunday School or VBS. The children will be able to continue attending Sunday and “Monday” school in areas of 60-80 miles round trip. We pray God will continue to bless this ministry.
Please join us for our next meeting November 18 at 7:00 p.m. Our speaker will be Pastor Novelli of the South Wisconsin District Hispanic Ministry.
We invite ALL WOMEN to participate with us in fellowship while joining in the shared mission of the LWML. This organization focuses on
- Developing a richer spiritual life
- Global awareness for ministry
- Avenues for God-blessed service
Through the LWML, thousands of volunteers daily dedicate their lives to making a difference in the world. They prepare for this through prayer and interesting, encouraging Bible studies.
The LWML helps women of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) find anvenues to use their God-given talents as they joyfully share the Good News of Jesus Christ with people far and near. One of LWML’s primary means for carrying this out is through MITE OFFERINGS donated by church members. These mite offerings fund mission grants for the LWML and also the South Wisconsin District LWML.
Our current officers are:
- President – Mary Starosta
- Vice President – currently vacant
- Secretary – Gayla Boehlke
- Treasurer – Carla Heiden
MITE BOX SUNDAY is the first Sunday of every month. The big mite box is located on the LWML table in the lower entryway of the church.( If you put your coins in a plastic bag, you don’t have to turn in your mite box.) If you need a mite box, there are extra on that table. Thank you for supporting our mission grants!
PRAISE GOD! ALL OF OUR MISSION GRANTS Ourgoal for the 2020-2022 biennium is $205,000. Here is a breakdown of how this grant money will be dispersed:
- $30,000 Church Worker Student Grant:
- $12,000 Bethany Lutheran Church Ministry Outreach
- $10,000 Food & Clothing Co-op, Concordia Food Bank, Fort Wayne
- $20,000 A Place of Refuge (APOR) House Vehicle
- $15,000 LCMS Mission Central, Support for Missionary Expenses
- $15,000 POBLO (People of the Book Lutheran Outreach) to Immigrants and Refugees
- $12,000 Lutheran Heritage Foundation
- $12,000 Bethany Nigeria (building completion request)
- $3,000 Chaplain Scholarship for Medical Missionary Trips
- $15,000 International Friendship Center
- $5,000 “Christ’s Mercy in Russia:
- $2,715 IO Children’s Program at Luther Memorial, Shorewood
- $2,035 “Making Jesus Known in the US Ethnic Communities”
LWML MEETING will take place in the Gathering Room on Wednesday, November 18th, at 7:00 p.m. Join us as we host our speaker, Rev. German Novelli of Grace Lutheran Church in Milwaukee, and a central figure in the South Wisconsin District’s Hispanic ministry. Refreshments will be served. BRING YOUR MITES and your Cookies for Concordia!
CHRISTMAS POTLUCK – Saturday, December 9th, 12:00 Noon Our annual Christmas potluck luncheon. Trinity’s 1st graders will sing, with parents and grandparents invited to join us. Our speaker will be Michael Oldenburg, Executive Director of Journeys Lutheran School (formerly Lutheran Special School).
LWML ANNUAL CHRISTMAS COOKIE SALE – December 12th & 13th. We will pack cookies on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. We’re looking for volunteers to sell cookies after the services that weekend.